Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The best is yet to come

August 14th. For so many years, I've dreaded this day because it just means another candle in the cake, more jokes from the kids about me skipping a birthday or how we need a fire extinguisher to put out the above mentioned candles. This August 14th, I am grateful for the 41 candles in my cake (or cupcakes as I suspect I will be receiving later today) and reminded that the more you praise and celebrate your life, the more life there is to celebrate. I remember special birthdays; my 18th spent with Jennifer Price watching Ghost and crying our eyes out. My 20th, the first one with my beautiful baby Ryan and knowing that Trouper was going to ask me to marry him any day, my 23rd, when I was exhausted from having a hyper 3-year old and a happy, smiling newborn baby girl or my 38th, the last time I heard my precious brother offer birthday blessings to me. All special and unique, and worth celebrating, not dreading. This August 14th is special because the Lord blessed and allowed me to spend another trip around the sun with my precious Trouper. In six months, he's fought for his life, I've fought for our family and we've survived what most couldn't. I've been praying, and hoping that my birthday wish for a new heart would come true today, and, as someone pointed out, it's only half over, we could get that call any minute. So, as I blow out 41 candles this year, hopefully without the need for a fire extinguisher, I am going to not only make a wish but also thank the Lord for the blessings I've received, and the ones that are right around the corner!


No comments:

Post a Comment