Thursday, November 3, 2016

Yesterday, Today and Especially Tomorrow

For almost four months, I've thought about this blog and what I would say or how it would end. My blog has been all about Trouper; our love, our struggles, our joys and our heartbreaks. I thought, did it end on July 13th, when he took his last breath or perhaps June 20th, when his fight took a different turn and he was placed on full life support? Then I remembered something we always said to one another; I love you yesterday, today and especially tomorrow. Just because he isn't physically here doesn't mean I can't continue to write about him, share stories and things about him that perhaps people might not know. I've also been contemplating a book; a book about our life together from the moment he saw me sitting in front of church, reading a note from another boy, to our last kiss on a warm, sunny July morning. A book I will call Yesterday, Today and Especially Tomorrow because that's what life is; it's full of yesterday's adventures, today's surprises and tomorrow's hope. Trouper was all three; he loved adventures and spent lots of his yesterday's seeking them out (and always had a story and often a scar from those adventures). He never ceased to amaze me with his daily surprises and he always had hope that a better tomorrow was on it's way. Once, he told me something that has really resonated with me the past four months; life is short and doesn't come with a pause or rewind button. Enjoy every moment; the good, the bad and the even worse and do it with love in your heart. He often told people (and it was said a few times at his memorial service) the love you give is the love you receive and I can certainly tell you that Trouper Gamble gave and received more love in his short 42 years than some do in 90 years. So, my friends, this isn't the end of the Team Super Trouper blog, it's just going to take a different path. One that he encouraged, and so many other people have encouraged; a book about our yesterdays, today's and our tomorrows. Bare with me while I test chapters out on you and please, feel free to offer suggestions and help because I need all of them I can get.

One last note. People continue to ask how the kids and I are doing. Truth is, it's a minute by minute type thing. You never know when grief will hit you and you become a blubbering mess and while I've been told it gets better, I can't even begin to imagine how. The three of us are surviving together. Trouper always had faith we would, he knew we were a strong family with an unfaltering love for one another. We have always relied on each other when things got tough and that's made us closer than most families. We've seen the bad but we've met that bad together. We've also had such an outpouring of love, support and prayers and for that, we are eternally grateful. Trouper touched so many people, and in the end, he wasn't just our Super Trouper he was the world's Super Trouper and I'm happy to share him.

XO Dara

No comments:

Post a Comment