Thursday, April 17, 2014

Wisdom PHA

I often find myself splitting my life into two sections; BHA and PHA – before heart attack and post heart attack. A few weeks ago, someone asked me what one thing have I learned PHA. Truth be told, it is impossible for me to come up with one thing. I've learned so much about life, about myself, about love and about loss. I have summed up some of the best things that are running through my mind, some of the most important bullet points PHA. 

  • Life is one thing, and in an instance, it becomes something else.
  • Sometimes you make choices in life and sometimes, choices make you.
  • I am stronger than I could have ever imagined.
  • Just let it go. Let resentment go, allow hurt feelings to heal and keep moving forward.
  • Stop looking for a happy ending and start enjoying the journey.
  • Live in the moment. You can’t change the past and you aren’t guaranteed a future.
  • Let others help and comfort you. You are not an island.
  • When tragedy strikes, it affects people differently.  There aren’t any rules for dealing with critically ill loved ones.
  • Cherish the small things, and commit them to your memory bank. They will get you through the dark times and one day, you will look back and realize they were the big things.
  • The true meaning of love is all around you; take notice and embrace it.
  • You might not have gone the path you intended on going, but you ended up where you needed to be.
  • Love never dies. It never goes away or fades. Love can make you immortal. Love can heal.
  • You can have wishes, make plans but at the end of the day, it’s out of your control.
  • And last, just hold on, God knows what he is doing and has a plan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment