Monday, September 30, 2013

Life through the windshield....

Someone once told me to always look at life through the windshield, not the rear view mirror. The past month, our family has done both, looking forward to Trouper's daily progression and milestones but also looking behind us, remembering where we were before and after February 16th and how difficult the past nine months have been for us.

It's hard not to reflect on the past year, but it's exciting to see the accomplishments that not only Trouper's made, but that our family as a whole have made. We are also looking forward to Trouper's eventual transplant, and if the past few months have shown me anything, it's that my husband is a real trooper and has the perfect name! He's braver and stronger than anyone I know and when the time comes, he will smile, make a joke about his new heart and his new career as a male dancer with a nice chest scar, and be the new poster boy for heart transplants.

I wouldn't be looking through the windshield if it weren't for the love and support I've gotten from our family, friends, doctors, nurses and even strangers. When I didn't know if I could endure another minute at the hospital, I heard yes you can, just take a breath and go back. When I complained about the way people were treating me, I heard does it matter in the end if they like you. When I didn't know where I would find the money to pay the car payment, I heard no worries, I've got this. Words of encouragement, words of wisdom and words of healing. Prayers and love for us from all over the world, a constant reminder that we aren't alone, and that our family is loved beyond words. I know I've said thank you, but I hope each of you know how deeply I mean that, and how much I appreciate your love, and sometimes gentle nudges, that keep me looking through the windshield. I promise to live life fully everyday, looking ahead to tomorrow!

Live
It
Fully
Everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment